It’s a rainy Sunday. All plans previously made flew out the window, and we spent the last 5 hours watching every documentary Netflix through Wii has listed. After watching Ralph Nader, some biggots in Mississippi, and the late, great Michael Jackson, it was time for lunch.
We go to the fridge to see what we can do for a quick, easy something, and pull out crescent rolls, ricotta, fresh basil, tomatoes and this amazing pecorino pepato I picked up at Russo’s. Well that was easy! Gourmet pizza rolls it is!
2 small vine tomatoes (seeded and diced)
Handfull of fresh basil leaves (chopped)
Ricotta Cheese (1 tsp per roll)
Pecorino Cheese (1 slice per roll)
- Preheat oven to 375
- Flatten 1 crescent roll dough
- Sprinkle some tomato and basil in a line on the thick end of the roll
- Place pecorino slice on top
- Place 1 tsp of ricotta on top
- Fold the sides of the roll in, and roll down to the smallest portion of the roll
- Make sure all filling is inside the roll
- Place roll on un-greased cookie sheet
- Repeat with remaining 7 crescent rolls
- Bake for 13 minutes
Follow me on Twitter!