Its Healthy Snack Wednesday (H.S.W), woohoo!!! And we are doing a giveaway, double woohoo! Make sure to read to the bottom for the contest.
We have been so lucky to have so much support for H.S.W. from both readers, and amazing healthy snack companies. This week Chobani (that’s right, the makers of the delicious, all natural, healthy Greek yogurt), had offered to sponsor snack time. Well of course Lara and I said yes. Not only is Chobani sponsoring our blog contests, but they are also generously providing a snack time for our work’s “Biggest Loser” contestants in February!
A little background. I am from a town in Florida that borders Tarpon Springs, which is kind-of a Greek mecca. I grew up on gyros (YEE-RO, NOT GIE-RO). greek salads, and souvlaki so good that you could only imagine them in your dreams. I mean, these are the real deal. And amazing greek food is definitely one of the only culinary attractions that Boston is SERIOUSLY lacking.
Being around so many amazing Greek dishes, we naturally had Greek Yogurt for dessert on a regular basis. My mom even bought a yogurt machine so she could make it for us! Authentic greek yogurt only comes in plain flavor, and is covered in honey and nuts. Try that some time with your plain Chobani, I will wait for your thank you comments…
So that is my back story, now on to the Chobani recipe creation! I already use Chobani in the place of sour cream, in things like dressings, sauces, and marinades. But today I wanted to give you something that really centered around the yogurt. Lara was going with a savory dip, so I decided on sweet. A consult with my sister confirmed I would be recreating her favorite fruit dip. And a look in my pantry told me I would also be creating some peanut butter banana deliciousness!
These dips came out SO yummy! I actually had to stop myself from eating them with a spoon, because nothing is healthy when you eat mass quantities! I will also warn you that although the peanut butter banana dip is healthy, and the ingredients are good for you, it is high in calories. This would be the perfect snack for post-work out, but not for a day lounging on the couch.
Both of these recipes can be altered to your liking. Try almond extract instead of vanilla. Use a flavored yogurt instead of plain. Sub Chocolate Nut Butter for the peanut butter. Mix it up, have fun with it, and enjoy!
And don’t forget to keep reading for the recipes and contest…
Chobani Fruit Dip
- 6 oz plain Chobani Greek Yogurt
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup super fine sugar
- In a blender or food processor, blend yogurt, cream cheese and vanilla until smooth
- Add 1/4 of the sugar, blend and taste
- Add additional sugar to your liking, you may not need the entire 1/4 cup
- Serve with apples, gram crackers, or anything your heart desires!
Peanut Butter Banana Chobani Dip
- 6 oz plain Chobani Greek Yogurt
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 ripe banana sliced
- Sugar (optional)
- Combine yogurt, peanut butter and banana in a blender or food processor
- Blend until smooth
- Taste. The sweetness will depend on the ripeness of your banana.
- If needed, add sugar 1 tsp at a time, blending after it is added
And now it is time for…
Healthy Snack Wednesday Chobani Giveaway!
So what do you have to do to enter? Well, I am glad you asked!
- You must live in the Continental U.S. You must also leave a way for me to get in touch with you if you win.
- REQUIRED ENTRY- Comment on this blog post about what recipe you cannot wait to try using Chobani Greek Yogurt!
- Bonus Entry- Follow Chobani on Facebook or Twitter and leave a comment letting me know you did so.
- Bonus Entry- Tweet “I LOVE @Chobani! Thanks @renh77!” and leave a comment letting me know you did so. The tweet MUST contain @chobani and @renh77
- Bonus Entry- Subscribe to www.eatliveblog.com and leave me a comment letting me know! If you are already a subscriber, just leave me a comment letting me know that!
- The winner must leave contact information for me to notify them
- The winner will be asked to send me their mailing address
- The prize will be mailed to you directly from the Chobani fulfillment center
- Winner will be chosen using Random.org
- Winner will be announced on Monday, January 24, 2011 at noon.
- Contest will close to entries on Monday, January 24, 2011 at 9am.