Confession: I almost skipped this week’s Healthy Snack Wednesday post. True story. My sister is coming to visit tomorrow, so this is the night that Ry and I finish cleaning the house. So after cooking an AMAZING dinner (Pom Wonderful braised chicken, recipe will be up soon) and cleaning for a few hours, I didn’t feel like messing the kitchen up, or cooking.
Lucky for you my faithful readers, I got a craving….I wanted fried bananas. This is our easy go-to night-time snack. You spray a pan with cooking spray, heat it up, throw in some banana slices and brown them up. Walla! Delicious. But worthy of a blog post….eh….
Then Ryan got a craving, for banana “freehos” as he calls them. I think he means my banana fritters. Well I wasn’t about to get that crazy in the kitchen. So I compromised. Grabbed a little of this, a little of that, and a new delicious, healthy night-time sweet snack was born!
I don’t know if fritters is exactly the right name. It was kind of a mix between a fritter and a pancake, but we’ll go with it. I sprinkled ours with a little powdered sugar, but they would have been great with some fresh strawberries and a little whipped cream on top!
Banana Walnut Chocolate Chip “Fritter” Recipe
- 1 banana sliced
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp crushed walnuts
- 1 tsp mini chocolate chips
- cooking spray
- Place banana, sugar and cinamon in a bowl and smoosh with a fork
- Add flour and mix well
- Mix in nuts and chocolate
- Spray a non-stick saute pan with cooking spray
- Heat the pan
- Divide batter into forths and place each forth in the pan using a spoon
- When bottom is brown (about 3 minutes) flip the fritters
- Brown on this side for approximately 3 more minutes or until golden
- Remove from pan and top with whatever you like!