If you are tired of thinking about Superbowl menu planning, I have something exciting for you today!
Well, on February 10-12, 2012, The Boston Globe Travel Show returns to the Seaport World Trade Center and marries these 2 favorite subjects of mine!
There will be an amazing line-up of chefs participating in more than 14 demonstrations, including:
- David Blessing, Longwood Events
- Jonathon Alsop, Boston Wine School
- Brandon Blethen, Robert’s Maine Grille
- Rajesh Mandekar, Tulsi
- Joseph Brenner, The Fireplace Room at the International Resort
- John Diamontopoulos, All-Star Sandwich Bar
- Jason Santos, Blue INC
- Jose Duarte, Taranta
- Justin Walker, Arrows
- Steve Uliss, Firefly’s BBQ
- Geoffrey Deconinck, Natalie’s at the Camden Harbour Inn
- Chef Peppino, DaVinci
- Louie Dibicarri, Chef Louie Nights
In addition, on Sunday, Toru Oga, owner and head chef of Oga’s Japanese Cuisine, as well as several other leading sushi chefs, demonstrate the sushi preparation of Blue Fin Tuna, beginning with a whole fish and ending with sushi samples.
More than 250 exhibitors will be on hand, highlighting a wide variety of travel destinations and options, from budget travel to luxury get-aways, vacation rentals and much more. There will also be a host of cultural performances and speakers, including
- Celebrated travel writers Arthur and Pauline Frommer will be on hand to tell you when to splurge and when to scrimp on your next vacation
- Actor-turned-travel writer Andrew McCarthy will share his vision on the Transformative Power of Travel and how it can change your life
- Patricia Schultz, international bestselling author of 1,000 Places To See Before You Die, will showcase some of the most amazing must-see destinations
- Patrick Smith, author of the popular column Ask the Pilot, will discuss the myths and misconceptions surrounding air travel
- Jamaican Reggae Dance Contest – Jamaica Tourist Board and JAMX Band introduce Boston to the fun reggae music of Jamaica, after which it will be time to limber up those muscles for a public reggae dance contest. The winner will take home a 3-night all-inclusive land package for 2 people to a SuperClubs Resort property.
- Salsa Time! Presented by the Puerto Rico Tourism Board – Watch with awe as Salsa dancers exhibit grace and style, heating up the stage with amazing moves. Then join them on stage for a quick lesson.
- SeaWorld / Busch Gardens will be on hand with their animal ambassadors, showcasing a kookaburra, bald eagle, marmoset and much more.
The 2012 Boston Globe Travel Show will be open to the public from 5:30 – 8:00 p.m. on Friday, February 10; from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. on Saturday, February 11; and from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. on Sunday, February 12. Tickets for the show are $10 and are available at the show or in advance at www.bostonglobetravelshow.com. Children 18 and under are admitted free of charge.
OR….You can win a pair of tickets to the show! The tickets are good for your choice of days Friday – Monday. The winner will receive a code to redeem their tickets online. If the winner does not redeem their code, they will forfeit their prize. All entries must be received by Wednesday, February 8, 2012 at 10am. Winner will be announced on February 8, 2012.
Mandatory: Leave a comment on this post saying what your favorite travel food experience has been. It can be road snacks, a restaurant you found, a meal some one cooked for you….anything!
Bonus Entry: For an additional entry, follow @renh77 and @BGTravelShow on Twitter and tweet “I want to win tickets to @BGTravelShow thanks to @renh77! http://wp.me/pVsto-Dv“. Leave a comment here saying you did so.
Bonus Entry: Like Eat.Live.Blog on Facebook. Leave a comment here saying you did so.
Good luck! And don’t forget to vote for Boston Brunchers in the lifestyle/city category by February 15, 2012!