I am giving away some great plastic kitchen goodies! Read to the bottom of this post for details!
Plastic gets a bad wrap (pun intended). Because of decades of plastic being used as simple “throw away” and easy clean-up items, the stigma of plastics being disposable and not “fit for company” has somewhat stuck. But have you seen what plastic has been up to lately?
Plastic has not only become an attractive alternative to glassware in the kitchen, the plastic industry is also leading efforts to protect our planet. Plus, when you have friends over for game day, and everyone gets excited over a great interception, things tend to go flying…and if they are on plastic platters you don’t have to worry about breakage!
For this week’s game, I wanted to do a play on the jalapeno popper. I also wanted to use the super fun grater that I received. Naturally (?) I decided to make pepperoni pizza poppers!
The poppers were tangy and multi-dimensional. They were a perfect one bite treat to get everyone ready for the game. They also got my brain working. You could stuff a pepper with pretty much anything! Chicken parm poppers, buffalo chicken poppers, and greek poppers are all on my list to try for the upcoming weekends.
What would you like to see in your poppers?
Pepperoni Pizza Poppers
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup cream cheese (I used low-fat)
- 1/8 tsp basil
- 1/8 tsp oregano
- Pepper to taste
- Crushed red pepper to taste (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped pepperoni
- 12 whole peppadew peppers (may substitute your favorite pickled or fresh peppers - seeded)
- 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- Additional 1/4 cup of mixed, grated parmesan and mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a bowl, mix together ingredients 1 – 7
- Once ingredients are combined, add pepperoni and stir until it is equally distributed
- Stuff each of the peppers with as much of the cheese mixture as possible.
- Place stuffed peppers in a deep baking dish
- Pour sauce over top of peppers
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until hot throughout
And now the giveaway!!
I will be giving away a prize pack of some great plastic kitchen goodies! All you have to do is:
- Leave a comment here telling me how you use plastic in your kitchen.
- For a bonus entry, tweet ”#PlasticsintheKitchen make #GameDay perfect thanks to @renh77 & @plasticpossible http://wp.me/pVsto-Nf“. Make sure to come back her and leave another comment letting me know you tweeted.
- Winners will be chosen using random.org on Wednesday, January 16, 2013 at 10:00 p.m.
- Winner must live within the continental U.S.
- Winner must respond to notification email within 48 hours or the prize will be forfeited
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Ogilvy PR and the American Chemistry Council’s Plastics Make it Possible campaign. I received a package of plastic kitchen goods in exchange for writing this post. As always, all opinions are my own, and I stand fully behind them.