I don’t make sandwiches enough for dinner. Every time I do, they are a huge hit. Now, we can get into a conversation on whether or not sliders are a sandwich, but I prefer we just go for it for today.
You have seen several different recipes on this blog for crispy chicken cutlets. I am pretty confident that this may be the best recipe yet. This chicken was crispy yet juicy all the way through. And today, lucky reader, you get to know the secret of how that was done! My inspiration came in a box of Sir Kensington’s condiments that were sent to me to test out. To tell you the truth, I am not a huge mayonnaise fan, so I wasn’t so sure what I would do with these guys. I took one for the team, and tasted the Chipotle Mayo. It had an amazing smokey undertone and just a slight kick. I knew instantly what would become of it… I coated my chicken in the chipotle mayo, and then breaded and baked it. The result was better than I could have expected. Ryan and I demolished the entire try of chicken, and were a little sad there wasn’t a little more. But the big surprise was when I dipped my chicken into the plain Sir Kensington’s mayo. I loved it! It had that pure taste of homemade mayo, not anything near the taste of what you get in traditional “grocery store” mayo. I mean, this is the stuff you want to dip french fries in. So good…. Crispy Chipotle Chicken Sliders
- 1 whole boneless chicken breast
- 4 Tbsp Chipotle Mayo (I used Sir Kensington’s)
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
- Cooking spray
- Finger rolls
- Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray
- Place your chicken breast in between 2 pieces of plastic wrap
- Pound chicken with a mallet (if you don’t have one, use a full, closed bottle of something) and pound the chicken to the desired thinness. Remember that chicken will plump when cooked, so pound it a little thinner than what you would like.
- Separate the two breast halves, and cut each half into 3 pieces. You should end up with 6 evenly sized pieces.
- Coat both sides of each chicken piece with the chipotle mayo.
- Lightly sprinkle both sides of each chicken piece with salt and pepper
- Place 1/2 your breadcrumbs on a flat plate
- Coat each piece of chicken completely with breadcrumbs, adding more as needed.
- Place chicken on the cookie sheet
- Place chicken in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or overnight if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Spray the top of the chicken, liberally, with cooking spray
- Bake the chicken for 10 minutes, then flip chicken
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until cooked through
- Remove chicken from oven and serve on finger rolls with your favorite condiments.
– Renee Hirschberg