It is officially summer ya’ll! If the temperatures creeping about 100 degrees daily didn’t tip you off, then maybe all the incredible fruit available right now should have! This time of year is perfect because you don’t even have to cook! You can just enjoy the fruits of Mother Nature’s kitchen.
One of my favorite ways to celebrate the summer, and all the delicious harvest that is available, is by throwing a pool side party complete with fruited dishes, tiki decor, umbrella-ed drinks and good friends!
Whether you are throwing the party yourself, or if you need to have a go-to summer potluck dish, have I got the recipe for you – Tropical Cauliflower Rice! Trust me on this one.
There are a couple things that make this dish so perfect for the summer. First of all, it’s served in a pineapple. I don’t think I even need to say more about that. It’s a pineapple. Secondly, this dish is served cold, which is always good when it is sweltering outside. Lastly, the flavors – salty, sweet, lemony – are the flavors of summer and just make you smile.
Now that you have your perfect dish, let’s talk decor. What is more fun than decorating for a tropical pool party complete with tiki statues, flower emblazoned plates, and of course pineapples! Here are a few of the super cute decorations I found on Wayfair,com:
Time to get Tropical!
So now you know all about my ideal pool party, what are your essentials for your tropical fiesta?
Tropical Cauliflower Rice Salad
Author: Renee Hirschberg
Recipe type: Salad
Serves: 5 servings
- ½ red pepper (chopped into large chunks)
- ½ pineapple (peeled and sliced)
- ½ vidalia onion (chopped into large chunks)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 avocado (chopped into small pieces)
- 3 cups cauliflower rice (I use Trader Joe's brand)
- 4 large basil leaves (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 large lime
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place peppers, onions and pineapple on a foil-covered cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Brush the pieces with olive oil.
- Place the tray under your broiler on high, keeping a constant eye on it until everything has gotten a nice char, but isn't burned.
- While the fruit and vegetables are broiling, in a larger bowl, mix together the cauliflower rice, basil and avocado.
- Dress the rice with the olive oil and lime and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- When the fruit and veggies are done, remove them from the oven, and when they cool enough, chop them into small pieces.
- Mix the charred ingredients with the cauliflower rice.
- Stir well and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Spoon the salad into a hallowed pineapple bowl, or your favorite tropical serving dish and enjoy!
Please follow and like us: