February is a month for cooking. First came Superbowl snack menu planning. An event filled with finger foods and quick bites. Less than 2 weeks later it is time to prepare the ultimate dinner for that special guy/gal/friends in your life.
The truth is, even if you are celebrating with a group of friends, Valentine’s Day is a chance to treat yourself as well. With that in mind, here is a list of my top five Valentine’s Recipes (in no particular order). Enjoy!
- Osso Bucco – Doesn’t Osso Bucco just SOUND sexy? Try not to feel romantic over this dish…as long as neither of you are vegetarians!
- Ropa Vieja – Because anything latin is sexy, and this dish is delicious.
- Roasted Chicken – Its classic, its delicious. The classic roasted chicken needs no introduction.
- Kind-of Chicken Saltimbocca – This is a dinner that WILL impress. It shows that you care enough to try something a little different. And even better, it is hands-down delicious.
- Breakfast Stuffed Peppers – If you play your cards right, you will want to make sure to have this number up your sleeve for February 15th. Sorry…I couldn’t resist.
What are your Valentine’s Day plans? Are you cooking or going out?
Since we cook together regularly, we’re going out for Valentine’s Day!
I have definitely made osso buco for Valentine’s day in the past. That and lamb chops are great romantic showstoppers.