Every year Ryan’s family has a potluck Christmas Eve. It is one of my favorite holiday traditions. However, this year is a little different for me. While I am completely in the holiday “spirit”, I just don’t have the energy to go all out on the cooking. Blame the flu, blame working more than last year, blame me for being lazy. Whatever.
But here’s the thing. Just because you want to take it easy over the holidays, it doesn’t mean you have to be a slacker. There are easy recipes out there. I even found a way to make my greek salad a little easier (throw all the dressing ingredients in the blender and blend for 30 seconds)!
A couple of weeks ago I headed over to my friend Lara’s house for her son’s first birthday. Amongst the yummy spread was a bright and delicious bean dip. I found out that not only was the dip easy, it is super easy to make. The additional beauty of this is that you can customize the seasonings to make it different every time.
Holiday White Bean Dip
1 – 14.5 oz can of white kidney beans
- 1 – Heaping tablespoon of plain yogurt
- 1 – garlic clove (peeled)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Put all ingredients in blender or food processor. Blend until you get the desired consistency
- Adjust seasoning to taste
- If the dip is too thick, add a teaspoon of yogurt at a time and blend to desired thickness.
- Serve with tortilla chips, Pretzel Crisps, or veggies